This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the Business Systems Analyst. The primary area of focus within IT for the Busines Systems Analyst is Business Systems and Business Process.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for enhancing the quality of IT products and services, analysing data to inform business decisions, creating and deploying business reports and finding technological solutions to business needs. Working closely with the Busines Systems Manager, you will be part of a team who will liaise and bridge the gap between IT and the business. The Business Systems Team will analyse business processes and systems to define solutions to suit the business requirements, deliver change within a structured agile framework, manage solutions through to delivery and provide a consistent experience for project participants and stakeholders by developing and maintaining governance controls. The Business Systems Analyst will focus primarily on the technical aspect of implementing these solutions. Furthermore, the role is also critical in providing 1st line support for incidents and requests related to business systems and process.
The Business Systems Analyst proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and the wider IT Team timely the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- To collaboratively work with the wider business to capture existing processes and process issues and document these as business requirements
- To work closely with the Business Systems Manager to find appropriate solutions to fulfil these business requirements
- Develop and deploy reporting solutions to meet business requirements • Provide 1st line support for incidents and requests related to business systems • Troubleshoot problems related to business systems and escalate when necessary • Implement changes to business systems and maintain configuration changes • Extracting and uploading mass data changes to business systems when required • To be able communicate effectively at all levels, including a wide range of Customers, Senior Management, Operational Staff and other IT staff.
Supporting (Support Function)
- Work closely with the Business Systems Manager to find appropriate solutions to fulfil business requirements
- Form part of the critical incident response team
- Contribute to improving internal IT processes.
To apply for this job please visit joblisting.co.uk.