Support (Specialist Teaching Support, In-class Support, Bespoke Support and Assistive Technology)
< Back to Learner Support
Individual and Group Support
ALN Specialist Lecturer support provides:
- Assessment and 1:1 support to enable independent learning. They can deliver lessons to introduce learners to new ways of working.
- An Additional Learning Plan may be agreed to achieve your goals.
Group sessions are available from ALN Specialist Lecturers, Inclusion
Mentors and ASD Mentors.
They are designed to develop skills in the following areas:
- Assistive technology
- Effective learning
- Time management
- Exam technique and anxiety
- Essay and assignment planning.
A range of study skills to meet the needs of the learners.
- In class support is provided by a team of learning assistants to all learners
on Foundation and Level 1 courses.
- 1:1 support can be arranged for learners on any course if needed. Examples
could be personal care or communication support
Reading and writing software is available to all learners.
Following an initial meeting and assessment, if needed, we can provide you with
hardware to support your learning such as the loan of:
- Laptops/Chrome books
- Keyboard and mouse alternatives
- Portable magnification devices
We also provide 1:1 or group guidance and training on using software and equipment to their full potential