Equality & Diversity
The College is committed to providing Equal Opportunities for all students, staff and visitors. We welcome people from all different backgrounds.
The College will not tolerate any discrimination or unfair behaviour on grounds of:
- Age – it does not matter whether you are aged 16 or 90, we will not allow anyone to be treated better or worse because of their age.
- Disability – where possible, we will provide facilities and make changes to enable people with a disability to make the most of their college experience.
- Gender – we will not treat women and men differently e.g., we welcome women and men on to all courses.
- Gender Re-assignment – any person proposing to undergo, is undergoing or has undergone a sex change process will be treated fairly.
- Marriage and Civil Partnership– it does not matter whether a person is single, married, separated or divorced, we will treat them fairly.
- Pregnancy and Maternity – we will treat people fairly when they are pregnant or on maternity leave.
- Race – we treat everyone fairly regardless of their colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins.
- Religion or Belief – you can expect us to treat everyone fairly, whatever beliefs they hold e.g. Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism or those who don’t believe in God.
- Sexual orientation – everyone will be treated fairly, regardless of whether they are heterosexuals, gay men, lesbians and bisexual people
More information on Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities can be found here: